02:35 pm
Happy 4th of July.
The last few days have been ridiculously busy here. Something like company Thursday & Saturday, Sunday was spent at a picnic out at the lake & then today is our bar-b-que. John is monster grilling as I type. Lots of people around & it has been cooler thank God. I have a lot more energy when it's not 95 & humid. The kids have had a lot of fun & man have I heard some zingers. Maya was drawing an obvious person yesterday & I asked who it was. "It's you mom with your rainbow hair."
Even my 5 year old notices that I need a dye job!
Emmy & I were stringing beads earlier to make her a special bracelet (read that as she STOLE some of my beads & it was easier to let her have a few then to fight over them) & she says, "I'm happy with you mom. I think I'll keep you."
Told you she sees me as her personal maid.
We decided to take the kids on a family walk last night. Got out of the car after driving home from the lake and they were all hyper so we let them walk it off. Maya was pointing out flowers & stuff to Bridget. Bridget was singing most of thre way. What did Emmy do? She made it a point to say hi to every boy, man, grandpa we saw- even the ones across the street! Girls & women were completely ignored. The quote aside from, "Hi! Hi! I'm Em-A-Weee!" was a real winner. We saw a huge bunny in a yard & stopped to make sure the kids all saw it. Em says, "I'm not gonna grab it by the neck & shake it just like I won't grab Ella(the new kitten) by the neck and shake her?!"
I'm afraid to think of her in 12 years.
I seem to have dualing side affects here. The anemia exhausts me & Men-o-fucking-pause causes insomnia. The last 3 nights, ohmymothertruckingawd. IF my exhaustion causes me to fall asleep fast I'm up all wide-eyed in an hour. But, i may not fall asleep. instead I might be shampooing the downstairs carpeting at midnite & washing down walls at 1am like I did last night this morning.
We made it another year. Our 8th Anniversary has rolled around. One that was unlikely at best. We're celebrating tonite at home & then have the sitter next weekend to actually do something. A lovely perk about this house- we're less than a mile from the big local park & their huge fireworks display will be clearly visible from my front porch. More on the mushy stuff tomorrow.
Monday, July 4, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment