09:24 am - Tagged
Three nicknames - Tan, punkin, Daphne (as in "Ditzy Daphne")
Three things I like about myself - my long legs, my 2 different colored eyes, my moral compass(usually)
Three things I don't like about myself - my temper, sometimes I see all sides of a situation too much & I end up getting walked on, my ex-dancer feet
Three things that scare me - spiders, planes, losing a child
Three everyday essentials - coffee, vanilla lotion, something to read
Three things I'm wearing right now - a gray polo shirt of John's, Old Navy slippers with cats all over them, my librarian glasses
Three fave bands growing up - Duran Duran, Whitesnake, Def Lep
2 truths and a lie - I worked as a hair stylist for years,I hate cats, I love candles
Three things I can certainly live without - stress, John's family, seafood
Three places I want to go on vacation - Paris, Banff, Ireland
Three things I want to do before I die - build that dreamhouse, raise good kids, relax
Tag three people - No pressure!
Custom Friends Groups: ffriends
Current Mood: calm
(2 comments
Leave a comment)
09:20 am
So I'm much better. Perhaps it's the Prozac Placebo Effect? No seriously, I'm joking on that. Last month I sank like a rock and after about a week I slowly felt better. Not good, but hella good compared to how bad that was. So that's where I am. Not good, but better than that.
Follow?
Yesterday felt better but I wasn't fooled. I know that this is an imbalance so I filled the prozac. This time next month I'll bottom out again & by then the meds should be working to level everything out. I'll revaluate in a month but if this works then I'll probably do a second month to be safe. I know it'll take 2-3 weeks to feel any changes & in 3 weeks I'll be heading into the craptastic zone again.
Lots of stuff bouncing around my head. I looked into a Montessori school like 5 minutes away. If all goes as hoped & CAN start Em & B together there next year. They both need to be 3 by Sept. 1 & they will be.
We're definetly not renewing our vows in late September. There is just no way. A Christmas renewal is being kicked around though. Something just for John & I basically. We actually both agree, no kids, no family. It's about us. Selfish yes. But at this point that is okay We both want to resolidify things & have that memory to help cancel out the bad shit. It has nothing to do with anyone else. It'll definetly be out of state, in NY where we married anyway. Right now it's a toss up between Lake Placid where we originally married or NYC. December in the Adirondaks or Christmas in NYC. Both are gorgeous in completely different ways. Both are magical in their own right. Lake Placid is just amazing 7 I can't gush enough about it in any season. We've pooled lots of possibilities there. Something a bit traditional to hell, renew vows on the lake during a sleigh ride. NYC it would definetly be at the Algonquin. So...Tania needs another type of dress. Damn, I'll need to shop.
John was cooking obsessively last night. I was watching him & realized that I really was watching a chef at work. I mean, I know this. But last night, I really saw it. Right down to presentation. The man took pictures with his cell of his grilled salmon.
Insane.
He mentioned Gordon Ramsey & I asked him, if the producers of Hell's Kitchen happened to be at a restaurant that you worked at & offered you a spot on the next season, would you do it. His response, "Definetly. In a minute." I thought about it while he babbled about work. He was a sous chef in an upscale Italian restaurant, he was pastry chef & ran an Italian bakery, he has cooked in a bunch of other places. He can truly do it all. He is anal about his cooking. It HAS to be perfect or he is pissed at himself.
After 5 minutes of kicking it around I decided, I'm applying for Hell's Kitchen 2 on his behalf. I'm guessing they'll have info about it after the season finale on Monday. It seems like a real longshot but after thinking about it, given a chane I think he would do really well.
Have I mentioned how tired of the sound of screaming little girls I am?
Saturday, July 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment