06:43 pm - Vocabulary, Bridget Style
Two things...
Bridget has been playing with mini Strawberry shortcake dolls this evening & can't quite say "Orange Blossom". Instead she keeps calling her, "orgasm".
Never saw that word butchering coming!
Also, why the hell has it taken NYC THIS long to start doing random subway searches??? Why didn't that start after 9-11 & I don't mean nearly 4 years after!
Custom Friends Groups: ffriends
Current Mood: curious
(3 comments
Leave a comment)
09:08 am
I needed for yesterday to be better, simply a normal day. No inner turmoil, no conflict, no overthinking. We woke up and I decided the last thing that I needed was to talk more about the past week. I told John I wasn't going to see Tom and offered him the time before canceling all together. He and I both needed the same thing. Calm, normal family time so that's exactly what we had. I went in for my gross before surgery re-fueling and then we spent a few hours out with the kids. They were happy to come home with happy meals and I cleaned up while John took a nap.
We ended up going out last night and it was nice. We both agreed it was the first day we had both felt remotely relaxed in a week. John's mother had called earlier in the day. I'm not sure where she is but before that he told me "no one gets in this weekend unless we invite them" and on the phone with her he stated, "We are busy all weekend long". He wants to see her as much as I do.
We went to Barnes & Noble and in between finding Elmo & Princess books we ran into old friends & spent an hour catching up. They may come over on Sunday for dinner. Instead of looking for books last night I grabbed several magazines- Yoga, gardening & trashy. Seemed more comforting in the moment. Dinner was comfort food, white pizza with garlic & sundried tomatoes.
Comfort things were the theme of the entire day & night. It worked. By last night we both felt reconnected.
Part of me is so flippin drained. i just want to sleep. Another part just wants to do. Create stuff. Write more, photograph more, paint more. My garden is a mess. I have to get that cleaned up this weekend. I think tomorrow morning that'll be my priority & John can watch the kids.
Thursday, July 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment