11:00 pm
My mother called tonite.
Yes, you read that right. My mother called me.
She remembered I have surgery on Monday & since it's a family situation & all, she & my dad would be very willing to help out since the cult says family situations are A-OK. She wanted to know if I needed help, babysitting, anything at all.
I turned down all offers.
A first. Truly it is. Before I've thought, be grateful for whatever she can give. Not tonite though.
Tonite I was gracious in the moment while being simply insulted. She hasn't seen me since December. she lives 30 minutes away & now that her fellow cultists elders say its ok, now she wants to see me under the guise of being helpful.
No move is ever just genuine & in the moment. It's all carefully plotted.
Maybe, if we help she'll be impressed & start studying her bible. Maybe she'll come to a meeting. Maybe she'll see how we have verbally beat Cassie into zoned out submission & become curious.
Or maybe I can be offended that it took your cults permission to offer a moment of kindness to your firstborn.
I've never stopped her from seeing my kids before. I've never blown her off on the rare occassions that she would show interest. Tonite was different. Tonite I told her we're fine. I feel fine, John will have the kids & all is well. She was shellshocked & had no idea how to even react. It obviously never occured to her that I'd say no thank you.
No thanks, I'd rather spend the afternoon alone with the kids then allow your superficial help. I've weaned them off of all of you & it is better that way.
In the moment, my end of the call was a no brainer. It was exactly as it needed to be & it felt good to be strong enough to do it. I felt good when I hung up.
Now it's just really pathetic.
Saturday, July 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment