Wednesday, April 13, 2011

GroundHogDay?

Let's hope not.  I felt terrible for feeling terrible yesterday. Ironically, it wasn't just me. I had 3 other women volunteer to me that they felt like crying for absolutely no reason. Maybe there was something in the air? By last nite I felt like an ass for being so miserable. By 6am I was near tears because I had to get out of bed. Seriously, this funk needs to go.

Maybe it's that I turn 40 in a few weeks & I'm not exactly where I envisioned myself. I could counter that with the fact that I'm doing MUCH better than most single mothers that I know and if this is what 40 looks like then I should be pretty happy. I'm not one to be affected by my age either. I LOVED turning 30. Was so happy to be out of my 20's.  I wouldn't go back even if I could. As for my age, I still look much younger anyway.  I spent 4 months training for Tough Mudder so I'm in really good shape too. Nothing about me screams 40's so I don't think that's really playing on me.

There was a funny moment about a week ago though. B washed her face with my facewash & Emmy freaked out.

"Bridgetttt!!! Don't use mom's soap! If it makes her crinkles go away it will probably give the crinkles to youuuuu!"

That's my Em. Beauty expert in training. My almost 9 year old has more nail polish and lip gloss than I do.

Even when playing softball, the nails are DONE.

Speaking of softball, I'm waiting for a call from the coaches. In a few weeks I'll be seeing a lot of this:

1 comment:

  1. Haha to Em...that's hilarious! I stopped by the Clinique counter the other day, and the rep there looked at me and exclaimed, "Oh honey...what HAPPENED to your face?!" Then she sold me some anti-aging stuff. Oh gosh.

    ReplyDelete