Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Is...



...Waking up to an absolute downpour and realizing that you don't actually have to leave the house.

...Starting a new book and realizing early on that it is as good as you hoped it would be.

...The smell of fresh coffee brewing and blueberry muffins baking.

...3 little girls playing together for hours and hearing happy voices & squeals rather than fighting.

...Beginning a run feeling half dead & sore, then after a bit realizing nothing hurts and I feel like I can keep going forever.

...getting that perfect shot with my camera.

...Watching new ice dancing routines and finding one that I immediately need to You Tube because I love it so much.

...A fresh snowfall late at night beneath a pink sky.

...The sound, smell and heat of any beach.

...Thinking back to being a teenager and how I loved going to my library & sitting on the floor at the end of a basement aisle. I'd sit there reading (as many others do) and if I looked up I saw a wall three floors deep of just books surrounding me. Happy is knowing that I could go recreate the comfort of that memory any day of the week.

...Shoes. Especially red ones. Or comfy boots.

...A hot drink after braving the cold.

...Remembering the Blueberries & Creme Frappaccinos that Starbucks made for one brief summer!

...Making a huge family dinner and then listening to the kids banter on.

...Vanilla anything and vanilla everything.

...Facebook because it has reconnected me with truly everyone I had lost track of over the years.

...All the little things that many people, myself included, take for granted.

...Having three healthy girls.

...Knowing the value of true connections and friendships.

...Knowing my own worth and refusing to settle.

...Returning to school :)

...Crawling into my bed alone at the end of the day and feeling at peace with myself and my decisions.

~ Every Friday Spriteskeeper posts a topic to "spin". This week it's about happiness.

7 comments:

  1. I can relate to almost every one of these happy thoughts! Especially number 2, a good book will always make me happy until I get to the end. Funny, we woke up to a nasty weather spell this morning and even having to go to work, I was happy! You're linked and welcome to the Spin Cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, you lost me at ice dancing. that being said, this is a terrific list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...Crawling into my bed alone at the end of the day and feeling at peace with myself and my decisions."

    YES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. I'm a big fan of shoes too. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with anything beach, I can't wait until summer!!
    Welcome to the spin, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I just realized that you love your Ruby red slippers. That is great, yeah I know I'm corny.

    ReplyDelete