Friday, January 15, 2010

And The Phone Rang Again...


...And C is finally out of surgery after a few hours. They said it was a huge tear, but they managed to reattatch it. They also put some sort of band around her eye to prevent it from tearing again while healing. They warned her it's going to really hurt because of the band. Prognosis is yet unknown. Hoping for the best still. She will not be able to see at all for 4-6 weeks, that much we know for sure. I cannot even begin to imagine it. Also her doc has been in touch with my mom. He treated C & operated on her as a baby. He has been her only Opthamologist for 20 years. He feels terrible that he didn't do the surgery & that he isn't with the family in Philly. So bad that he asked my mom where everyone is staying (what hotel etc.) then went ahead and got them the "most comfortable accomodations" his secretary could find today, on him. No one has slept since crawling out of bed yesterday thinking it'd be a normal day. Kiki went to work yesterday only to be called home & then SHE drove my parents & C to Philly. She has really been on duty and the big cheerleader. She was taking my parents to the hotel & then escaping for awhile. She made a comment about Franklin Mills Mall because she has been in the same sweats sice going to work at the gym yesterday. I hope to god she is walking those huge hallways of that mall right now. Kiki needs therapy of some kind. I in the meantime need to think really hard because Kiki & I will have to figure out how to keep C entertained. I'm open to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment