Tuesday, January 26, 2010

CrushDriver Chronicles

Saw him today, briefly. This after a voice mail message asking me to catch up with him today, if I could. So I did. I only had a few minutes so I figured I'd grab the usually empty bus for a few blocks & see what he had to say. Me? I'm fine. We feel similar. If it goes somewhere ok & if not then its still not the time. That is truly how I feel. Together or not this man will weave in and out of my everyday life until the timing is right. I suspect. Anyway, I hop on the bus to see a lady was there. Fifty something but looked older, chumy with him. She had brought him lunch, whatever. I know they get friendly with regulars so its not a shock. He & I spoke in code for the first few minutes. Are you thinking about IT (meaning last week)? Hell yes, nonstop, are you? Yep so now what?... The woman, looked at me, at him, at me and just watched. We stopped at the Community house/park as he is supposed to wait for a few. She informs us she needs a smoke & asks if he cares if she goes outside for one. "By all means! Go have a cigarette! (To me) You, get back here." as he motions to the back of the bus. He carts his lunch as I follow. We both sit in the very backm he leans over & gives me a brief kiss & points out that SHE can't see in the windows. He cracks open his food, a pile of chicken, mashed potatos, gravy mush and tells me the ball is in MY court! Um, no. I informed him that he needs to decide where his brain is & then he needs to be brave & a bit aggressive. THEN it's in my court. Until then it's still in it's wrapper. Bottom line, he is scared still. I told him that I know & I also know that he is afraid because the more time he spends with me the more he would want to & THAT is what really scares him. He thought about it & searched for a response. Like, he searched on the roof of the bus, on the floor, looked everywhere before telling me that I'm too damn smart. At this point smoking lady gets on the bus & we both come to the front of the bus. As I go to sit down she says to me (while motioning frantically at him) "We're just friends! He & I! We're just friends. If he's having lunch sometimes & I see him I join him but there's nothing more than that going on you need to know!" I look at her in utter shock and smiled in amusement. "Oh, okay! Lunch smelled great!" She thought we were a couple! She picked up on the change in him I'm sure because she knows him as a friend of sorts. He was louder with her, kind as ever to me. I'm guessing the chemistry must have really hung in the air for her to assume things because I have NEVER seen her before. As we drove a few minutes to where I'd get off the conversation went like this:

Him: Where are the girls, school?

Me: Yes.

Him: How long?

Me: 2:30. Do you have overtime today?

Him: Nope.

SHE INTERJECTS!: They called him when I first got on & he turned it down!

Me laughing: Ok. My night is pretty boring. Kids, homework, they're in bed by 7:30.

Him: Cool. Thanks for telling me about the kids today.

Hmmmm. Will he get his nerve?

Thoughts???

3 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' the Chronicles. And you are right about weaving in and out; I'll email my thoughts soon, Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he needs to shit or get off the pot. what if something happened to one of you? it'd be a lifetime of regret. him saying the ball is in your court is a cop-out. if a man wants something, he goes for it. hold your own. next time make him come to you! i don't believe in games but i do that men want to chase you till they catch you. let him come to you! life is short. nothing to lose but everything to gain...!

    ReplyDelete