Thursday, January 28, 2010

Signs from Above- or Something or Other

Ever have a situation where you are on the fence about how to handle it & then BAM! The choice is made for you. Just like that.

I decided I was NOT going to be accessible to crushdriver but visual... that might not be a bad idea, right? I contemplated timing my morning run to coincide with his morning- run. Then a bit later when he would hope for a chat I'd be damn sure that I was NOWHERE in sight. At this point he HAS to come to me or nothing will happen because I do NOT chase people in general. Men? Forget it. So I tossed the idea around, got out of bed to find the coolest snow ever! Heh. Ok maybe not coolest ever but it was that wet, big flaked, super slippery stuff that you can't walk on without risking broken bones. I took the kids to school and just in case I was a total Dee Dee Dee and thinking about running, my phone rang. Back up, the kids have to be to school for 8:20 okay? My phone rings at 9:12, "Hi, this is Melissa...the nurse from...(insert school) is this Emmy's mom? Okay well Emmy just THREW UP IN CLASS can you come get her?"

Can I come get her? Like, they were giving me an option???? What if I said no?!

I zoom to get her, find her flat out in the medical room. In the hour since I'd left her she had transformed into a very sick kid. OMG she looked like hell. I talked to her teacher this afternoon when getting B & her teacher said they were having a Spelling Bee. Usually Em is bubbly & loves them. Today her teacher called on her, Em stared blindly before putting her head on her desk! Then she picked her head up & asked to go to put a cold cloth on her face. Em said the room was spinning while she got sick right at her desk. Poor kid. She spent her day cuddled up on the couch with the remote & library books. She reads chapter books now, a few a week. My sister called me tonite from Target & I was thrilled because she grabbed more Junie B books for Emmy.


So yeah, I went nowhere aside from my 3 trips to school and back. As of now, tomorrow isn't looking much more promising.

I'm stressed. Really, really stressed. A week straight of sick kids, less earned income, I feel kinda crappy & on the verge of sick. Really stressed.

Song of the day? One from the mid-80's that I loved :)

1 comment:

  1. this is most def the best course of action. let him come to you!!!

    ReplyDelete