Sunday, January 24, 2010

Fleeting Thoughts

My kids are sick with the same creeping crud that every other kid in B's first grade class seems to have. Cough, sore throat, sinus headache. The weather isn't helping here at all. 20 degrees one day, 52 degrees today. It might be rain it might be black ice, who knows?! But they felt like crap today & I suspect they'll be home tomorrow. I figure its better to give them tomorrow rather than send them to school only to be called halfway thru about fevers. They missed my best friends' sons' (got that?) birthday pool party today. I was bummed for them & bummed for myself because I wanted to go.

That's another thing, the birthday parties! There have been SIX in the last 2.5 weeks of January!! WTH?? I told the girls we had to pick & choose. 6 is a bit much don't you think?

Another BFF has reconnected with her firstlove. I mean, they dated at 15 and haven't seen each other in 20 years. Until last night when he was at her house to reconnect & yes, there were sparks! Thank Facebook.

I am trying to stop replaying the crushdriver stuff in my head. Trying. I'm supposed to see him Tuesday so... we'll see what happens.

I have to play Homeroom mom twice in the next 2 weeks. On the hundreth day of school there is always a big celebration. B needs a 100 of something project done & then I'm in her class half the day to help out. Also in there on the 5th because it's Miss Ruby day. I need to come up with a Valentine's Day craft to do with them. I'm thinking I'm going to do cupcakes for them. A tower of cupcakes but all decorated differently for Happy Heart Day. The project has me stumped though. I guess I need to go wander around Michael's until it clicks.

B's artwork today:

1 comment:

  1. Six parties in 2.5 weeks? That's crazy!

    I hope your kids feel better soon. If you make the cupcake tower, I hope you post a picture of it. :)

    Tell "B" her artwork is lovely.

    ReplyDelete