Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin- Yeah, Not So Much


I woke BEFORE the alarm this morning. Hopped into the shower, made the lunches that I SHOULD have done last night. Woke the kids, fed them, hair is brushed & done. Rollin' right along. Easy morning smooth as can be. We finished B's 100 Days project last night. A big posterboard with 100 glittler hearts glued to it. (On the 100 day of school which is Friday they have a celebration. First grade does 100 of something & its displayed.) 8:10 rolls around and we walk out the door. I'm 3 houses away from another elementary school that my kids do not attend (ours is 2 blocks away). I go to cross the street & see....NOTHING. By this time the early morning school pileup is always on but I see nothing. There were tubleweeds blowing across the slushy street that's how much activity was happening. I realize that I never watched the morning news & if the school would call with a delay thru the global connect system its between 5:30 & 6:30am. The last end of that time was spent in the shower. I shuffle them into the house & look at the caller id. Sure enough I see 6:27am TEAM CARE (code for our school districts autimated dialer system). We have a 90 minute delay.

They are all cozy on the sectional. I'm here with my coffee & a cinnamon muffin wishing every morning went so smoothly, just not for nothing! SO glad I came back inside & checked!!

Song of the Day: K$sia's Blah Blah Blah

No comments:

Post a Comment