
See that hat on B's head? Make the hearts pink & attatch it to her head since Saturday- that's what I've been looking at. Why? In honor of Valentine's Day! The kids don't have school today so she is currently playing with her Twilight dolls in her jammies, with the hat on.
I love Valentine's Day because I love anything heart related but I'm not a pushover. If you aren't good to me the rest of the year then you're not going to win me over with a batch of flowers your buddies are suggesting you buy because they are THE standard gift to give. Nope. You need to put some thought into it & you need to show me that you know & pay attention to ME. Not that it's all about material stuff. Not by any means.
In this house it's all about the little things. The hearts on every window, the conversation hearts in candy dishes, the homemade Valentine's for school. The 100 cupcakes I'll be making this week for three classes and home. I was putting their Valentine's away and looking at them, how much they personalized each one.
"BFF" with a heart around it
Stick figure drawings of B with her bestie.
Tons of extra hearts drawn in various colors.
I very faintly scribbled "I love you" to a little boy that at age 5 proposed marriage, then suggested a backyard wedding.
Those are the sweet things that matter here.
Read more spins at Sprites Keeper.







How lovely! I've kept all the Valentine's cards John has given me over the years, but Sprite's school tends to skip over Valentines for the parents, choosing instead to let the kids focus on each other. So this year, I let Sprite pick out a card to give to John and will let it go at that.
ReplyDeleteYou're linked!
How sweet! I love the cards my little guys give me. And how fun is it to be a kid, with all that glitter and candy? I like your spin on this one. No humbugs here!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from the Spin Cycle...
ReplyDeleteLooks like you are really in the spirit of Valentine's Day.
Thanks for sharing,