The last two weeks have been a bit...tedious. Okay, who am I kidding they've been bloody HELL.
HELL.
It'll be 2 weeks on Saturday since my house first got sick. 2 weeks of brochial crap, sinus headaches, ear pain & then on Tuesday Maya spent the day vomiting. I wake before my alarm this morning, eyes still shut & I feel it. My stomach OMG my stomach. My turn, I'm sick. I got up and the room spun like crazy and the rest of my day was an uphill battle. I tried to find someone else to get them to school but it was a no go. Actually, I tried to get 4 people. My mother never answered, sisters phone was off & two friends already had full carloads. There was no way I was going anywhere because I simply couldn't.
I spent my day up for ten minutes here & there, then laying down out of necessity. Em & B were little nurses. I was cozied under blankets, given cold water, hugged & kissed to death, B offered to make me chicken soup (& probably would have had I not stopped her. I have to watch her. Her attempts at microwavable popcorn are legendary! At one point I woke in the middle of my bed with a kid on either side of me with Em gently telling me someone was at the door.
Tonite I felt a bit better. B said, "Mom can you maybe make macaroni & cheese? It's ok if you can't though because I know you're really sick." Of course I got up & cooked her homemade mac & cheese. I thought things were looking somewhat up as I put everyone to bed. At around 11 B started coughing & coughing. Nonstop pretty much for nearly an hour. Sat her up, propped her up, made her drink, gave her bread in case a piece of hair was stuck, cough medicine. Still coughing. I bring her downstairs because she woke Emmy & I figured let her fall asleep & I'll bring her to bed. As I'm settling her I hear feet go running to the bathroom. Emmy got sick. Not to be outdone as I help her back to bed & get her a bucket B is about to get sick too.
Day 13...headcount...I'm sick & I now have two kids with a stomach virus. I pretty much called it. Em's BFF's birthday party is Saturday morning. I anticipated having sick kids still then.
I'll just say I'm exhausted. I was going to bed at 11. I needed the sleep desperately. I guess I should just be grateful its a long weekend right? They had an early dismissal tomorrow (not that it matters now) and are off til Tuesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







omg. did i just leave a comment about wanting kids? lol. im so scared to have them sick in numbers with only me. wait, who am i kidding, i'd totally have my husband be the one to clean up any biohazards, lol.
ReplyDelete