
Guess what? No one was sick today! I know, I'm shocked too! Anyway, I decided late this afternoon to take the kids for a quick run to the grocery store nearby. It's not a huge one, just a neighborhood, family owned place. (Think a parking lot that accomodates 50 cars) I wanted to grab stuff to make red velvet cupcakes & Emmy (who refused to eat for almost 3 days) wanted roast for dinner. We're leaving and there is a couple coming out the door right on our heels with a shopping cart. I had a hand held basket, no cart so I was carrying two small bags & had B's hand in my free one. Emmy notices the cart, apparently the couple left it right outside the stores door. It is rolling, rather quickly into traffic. It's a busy street, traffic steady in both directions as the cart stops dead blocking both lanes. Traffic came to a halt. I look back & see this, I also see a man get out of his car from a Rite Aid across the street. He climbs thru the landscaping, runs into the middle of the street, grabs the cart & starts yelling- at ME.
Whoa. Hold up. Big friggin mistake.
Mr. Well dressed that just jumped out of his 5 series car is yelling at me.
"You just gonna leave that there? Just gonna leave it in the middle of the street you little bitch?"
Wait. This arrogant fukc just called me a bitch? How does he know? How do strangers know??? We'll figure that out some other time, back to the matter at hand.
One, it was NOT my cart. Two, I never even had a cart. Three, he has traffic stopped even though he moved the cart simply because of the scene he is making. Some lady intercepted & took the cart from him the second he hit the edge of the parking lot. I guess she thought he was gunning for me & frankly it looked like it.
Me? I was momentarily stunned. I stood there in my comfy sweats (ok it IS Saturday & I'm coming off 2 days of the flu gimme a break besides I was still very presentable) staring at him with my mouth half open looking like a DEE DEE DEE until he crossed the street & was as close to me as he would get, then I YELLED back:
"Do I look like I needed a cart? (Lifting my little bags) I had a carry basket, THEY (pointing to the idiots watching from inside their no-doubt locked car) had that cart! And, quite frankly even if it was mine I would have let it roll once it hit the street because I would NOT leave my three small children unattended in a PARKING LOT!"
I stood there staring him down. Once he was BACKING UP into the middle of the street he starts apologizing and waving his arms at me:
"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, sorry! I'm sorry, is it ok? I'm sorry!"
I suspect he isn't used to women standing up to him.
I explained to the girls that I had to say something because no one yells at me or treats me badly, especially if I've done nothing wrong.
Fast forward to dinner...
We are sitting at the table & Emmy starts making fun of how B was dancing god knows how long ago. B is clearly getting agitated and finally picks up her glass & SPLATS her lemonade in Em's face!
WTF? Am I know hosting The Little Bad Girls Club??? Should I call the Oxygen Network? Seriously. Emmy is ballsy & I have NO doubt she'll have many drinks thrown on her but I think 7 is a bit too young don't you?
B's brilliant defense?
"She was making fun of me & I had to stand up for myself JUST LIKE YOU DID TODAY!"
God help me because they are consistently smarter than I am.
Oh and the cupcakes? They came out great ;c)







new to your blog. That was so funny to read. Good for you for standing up to him! And so glad that the cupcakes turned out great!
ReplyDelete<3
ReplyDeleteim famous for not sticking up for myself but lately i have had a voice. i am standing up for myself more and more. it feels good.
ReplyDelete