Tuesday, February 2, 2010

RTT

randomtuesday

Yesterday my friend asked me to pick up her daughter afterschool today. She is a friend of Emmy's since PreK. The friends brother was diagnosed with cancer late last week & he was having surgery in Philly today. She didn't want to leave the house and miss a call. I guess her cell doesn't let her answer all calls. So I double checked this morning about getting Rachel & she called me at lunchtime in hysterics. Surgery was over & the cancer is all thru her brother, it's in his blood. They give him a MONTH to live & are keeping him in Philly to keep him comfortable. He is 33, married with kids ages 10, 6 & 8 months. I can't even imagine. I didn't know what to say. I got Rachel, offered whatever help she might need & just wished I had a magic wand. It put everything into perspective. The someone who has it worse is always closer than you think.

After 11 days of one or more sick kids- TA-DAH! I'm sick. I woke to my stomach just churning & my sinuses were already messed up. I didn't throw up... but Maya did. Like 6 times in a span of 3 hours. I thought she'd be ok for like an hour while we grab groceries because I am about 3 days past when I should have gone to the store. Yeah, no. She was throwing up IN the parking lot. Disaster. I feel like garbage & I figure I'll be down for the count sick tomorrow.

I've never watched The Bachelor before this season & am slightly embarassed to admit I've been hooked. Tenley or Gia. Like them both. Do not for the life of me see what he likes about Vienna Yarn Doll Hair.

Gotta go. Tired. Tired. Tired.

1 comment: