I rejoined Netflix the other night. We were a member for years & by we I mean my ex & I. Not sure exactly why I let me membership go especially with the kids. It occured to me the other day that it would be easier to just have their stuff come to my house or right to our tv rather than have to actually THINK about renting stuff. So I rejoined & I set about to build my Queque. I dumped some stuff in that the girls are clamoring for & then I started looking at adult stuff. I ended up in the television section pondering a few shows I've seen not a single moment of but am curious about. Then it happened. I hit Law & Order.
Rewind five years with me. Ex & I are curled up NIGHTLY watching those great Law & Order marathons that ran on TNT & USA. Baby Bella would fall asleep on my lap and seriously would remove her drink from her mouth to hum the theme song.
Criminal Intent is my long standing favorite. As I dumped a season into my Queque I remembered our shared nights with Goren & Eames. Remembered those stupid red envelopes in my mailbox & telling him in one of our many daily conversations... "A new X-Files is here..." Whatever. That red envelope was part of our comfort zone at that point in time. Coffee, comfy blankets, late dinners & red envelopes. Back when we had "fixed things".
Back when I knew we were unbreakable and everything would always end up just fine.
Because we had fixed it all.
Therapy. X-Files. Ugly counseling sessions & Law & Order. Cuddly babies & lies. Red envelopes all alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







I hate when things that I love(d) are ruined by a memory. My college boyfriend used to call me "Scully" because I look like her. Now I can't watch it. I miss aliens. Hope you found some great things for your list!
ReplyDeleteI have Criminal Intent coming for Weds. In spite of him. LOVE Scully & Molder.
ReplyDelete