Thursday, October 7, 2010

Great Job Mom

Whenever I hear those words I bust out laughing. Why? Because it always inevitably means that I totally blew it- which is funny to me.  Why? Because when I make those dingbat mother mistakes they are ridiculous.

I always pick up "Gracie' at her door first after school. So for like, the 3 whole minutes that it takes us to walk around to her younger sisters door I get the day in a minute.  First thing I hear as she walks towards me is, "Great job mom." I'm chuckling immediately. Conversation went something like this.

Her- "Do you know what you packed me for lunch?"

Me- "You were buying lunch."

Her- "No, I thought only "Bella" was getting lunch."

Me- "Noooo you said..."

Her- "So, I had a fruit rollup, a bag of pretzels, Gatorade and a FORK!"

Me- "A fork?!"

Followed by laughter on my end. A fork for...?? Was I randomly holding it & put it in the wrong place...I guess??

I think technically forks are potential weapons & banned too.

So I'm still laughing as we get to Bella's door & Gracie recounts the fork story as the little one says, while skipping right out of her backpack. No really! She skipped a few steps & it fell to the ground. Anyway, she says...

"Oh yeah. Why did you MAKE me get lunch today? It was soft tacos (As Grace is mumbling about LOVING tacos) which you know I hate. I had no choice but to eat my snack for my lunch."

Her snack was a fruit rollup & pretzels but you figured as much right?

No comments:

Post a Comment