Saturday, June 12, 2010

"Momma Said Knock You Out, I'm Gonna Knock You Out!"

So  last month a girl moved in next door upstairs (strange huge house divided up oddly. I get all of one side, the other side has up/down apartments). She's college age & a bit louder than I'd expect. I say that because the guy beneath her is the same age & I never ever hear him. She is like a bull in a china shop. Not home much & neither am I so it works out fine. Until last night. At about 3am something came barreling thru my bedroom wall.

Oh. Wait. No it didn't. It just sounded that way.  I wake & think furniture is flying & I hear her yelling. I get up & open a window to try & figure out if there's a guy with her. I'm thinking domestic dispute for sure. Also know she wasn't home at 1am so she's probably been drinking.

No. No. And I don't know about the booze but that might be legit. She was screaming, yelling TRASHING her apartment & crying hysterically while on her phone.

It was a loud as hell indoor/outdoor cell tirade that lasted for 45 minutes. I know everyone has THOSE moments where they lose their mind. I know we have all gone ape on someone over the phone. I know I know. But when you wake me at 3am causing me to bolt down my stairs armed with phone & Mace to make sure my house is secure & then you continue the insanity for a LONG time when you damn well know kids are asleep nextdoor... it better only happen once.  Because it made me want to go all kind of ghetto & knock a bitch out.

Seriously.

Sleep is in high demand here.

I might cut you.

Or something.

I couldn't get back to sleep so I made coffee at 5 & figured I'd crawl into bed & read. I placed the coffee on my nightstand which is NOT wide. The top is seriously as big as a large magazine cover. Still there is a stack of books & my coffee cup. And the cat. Yes he decided to try to cut across the table but instead of stepping onto a book he stepped onto the rim of my coffee cup, tipping it of course. Was it all over the floor? Of course. On the edge of my bedding? Yup. That was nothing though compared to the real mess. The table has 4 drawers & two of them were slightly open. The lotions & potions in the top drawer were floating in coffee. The ipod, Emmy's b-day ipod that she gets tomorrow, the kids cell phone, etc were in the other open drawer. Lots of stuff is currently packed in RICE to dry out as I cross fingers & pray!

One two hour workout later...

and the day has at least not gotten any worse!

It's the first full day of summer vacation for the kids here.  Graduations, ice cream parties, homeroom mom activies, report cards- all of the craziness of the past week is done & now quite simply, here we are. Here are some highlites.
B & her teacher :)


Softball...

Field Day

BFF's

Graduation Gifts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment