Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday, No Wait- It's Tuesday. Right?

We've already discussed my utter confusion at days of the week anymore.  I know if I'm working graveyard then my day basically starts at 10:30pm when I get a shower but then that day just kind of goessssssssssssssssssssss onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr until I'm not sure of what day it is, is it really that day or that day only on my time sheet, is it normal time or military time. Should I have coffee or a martini? A bagel or baked ziti?

So basically I just don't care anymore. I look at my phone clock & calender constantly (cuz there's a special app for people as confused as I am) & wing it.

This could turn into a magical summer. Why you ask? Because B has been sleeping past 6:15am. She is usually up like clockwork, I hear feet run & the bathroom door slam. B's up. Always with a huge happy smile but still...

It's 6:15 in the morning...on a Sunday even.

The last few days she has slept later. This morning she got up at 8:30.

8:30

Holy Hell!

The other two sleep. Em just wandered downstairs & will stay curled up half awake under a blanket for an hour or two. Maya is still down for the count.

Me? I am on cup of coffee number two, already went for a 5 mile run (at 6am. It was cloudy & cool when I left & sunny with humidity by the time I walked back in the door), laundry is in & I'm zooming.  So much stuff is going on just this week alone. Yesterday we had a friends daughter for the day so we hit the park. I think I have her again today & lots of softball later. Tomorrow is Emmy day.  It's the first chance I'll have to celebrate her birthday from me. I mean yes, we had the party & yes she had red velvet cake ON her birthday too but I haven't given her a gift yet. We discussed it & she wants an MP3 player. Yes I know, 8 going on 15. She also wears a ring that was mine (yes my fingers are small enough that my 8 year old shares rings! I'm a 4.5 ring size!) & thinks she lost it at the park yesterday cause it is gone. She was really upset because she wants a ring to wear all the time from me. So that gift number two. I asked if she wanted to pick a ring out & I was told that I need to buy it & surprise her. Gift three, she wants to shop. Or should I say, money to shop.  Uh huh. 8 going on 18 right there.

Crossing fingers, I think Thursday is Sex In The City 2 night finally.

A few park pix...






No comments:

Post a Comment