Saturday, June 18, 2005

I am SO much better this morning. The pain is almost non-existent as long as I take 2 Darvacet every 4 hours. If the 4 hour mark approaches & I feel ok then I still have to take one. Round the clock drugging until tomorrow morning & then I should feel fine.




I'm weak, but mobile :)



No really, compared to yesterday it IS so good.



I have full color photos of my polyp infested uterus, wanna see??? I'm joking of course but I'm figuring he gave me pics so that I'm more likely to be in agreement with whatever he suggests on Monday. I vaguely remember him saying they did the Ablation but it was very hard with an enlarged uterus. John said maybe he'll just call to check on me Monday.



Um, no. The surgery center does follow up on Monday. If everything was fine & if my biopsy from last week was clear he would have had them make me a follow up appointment. But ya know, I went in yesterday knowing there'd be more still so it's ok. I was prepared for more procedures to come quickly.



They actually contemplated admitting me yesterday because I recovered so badly. My fever spiked at 104 & i do remember being covered in wet clothes and sweating like mad. Getting sick was from the anesthesia & everything else was a reaction to pain. Now I'm glad I was knocked out.



John was laughing this morning because of the extent they went to to get me out of their. Toradol in my IV, Morphine shots in each leg, naseau patch by my ear. The nurses were great thank goodness since 2 of them literally dressed me & plopped me in a wheel chair to get me to the car.



The kids were very good for Jamie thank goodness. I felt so awful leaving Bridget yesterday. She started crying while hanging onto me for dear life saying, "Don't go mom, don't go. You be RIGHT back mom? Right back??" Leaving her even for just awhile yesterday was so hard. I kept thinking of her and felt like crying. She's such a mommy's girl.



Here's a funny, you know you are good & drugged when the very first thing on your list of going home instructions is (I quote):



Do not sign any legal documents or make any important decisions in the next 24 hours."

No comments:

Post a Comment