Saturday, June 25, 2005

Have I mentioned my weird food issues this week? Not weird exactly and not even issues, but I'm just kind of going with the cravings. I've lost weight in the last week in spite of thinking I was holding my own. I put on my skinny jeans on Friday only to find them roomy. My lower body is usually the last to lose inches. I love my yoga, I still run & I have long lean legs that I like to have nice and toned. Best asset I think so since I have long muscles I kind of always do my leg work, squats, etc. If nothing else because it doesn't feel like work to me anyway. So losing muscle is kind of hard when you work to keep it there. But somehow this week, I'm smaller. Ever since the big pasta meal a few nights ago I have craved carbs like mad. I usually pay attention to cravings because if it's for carbs, salad meat it's usually something my body is needing. So the last few days I've just kind of gone with it. Rice & veggies was a hit Friday. Yesterday morning I was craving egg salad. That's one of those things I forget about & then crave once a year. So it was breakfast yesterday. Yesterday as John grilled an insane amount of food (cheeseburgers, chicken with homemade "top secret" bar b q sauce, salmon...) I made KFC's Mac & Cheese. This recipe is the real deal & it went over well. Breakfast this morning? Mac & Cheese.




Needed it.



Who's body is this anyway??



I'm really so far off my normalness it's just...something. I'm usually so energetic & everything is just done. Now I'm backed up. It's lack of energy, lack of motivation, lack of feeling like that person that usually has these things. Today, I have to be productive in spite of the haze I feel like I'm in.



You guys know how garden obsessed I am. I haven't weeded in nearly 2 weeks.



That's a milestone for me.



I'm praying I can get my ass in gear & the next time I'm here in this chair I'll have accomplished a whole lot.



Tom Cruise. Ok. I have to go here. I saw the footage of his Today show interview late last night & all I can say is...what an arrogant fuck. I do not believe meds are always the answer but I do think they can be part of it in many situations. I think it is situational & sometimes imbalances do occur. Sorry Tom i'm walking proof of that right now. Extra vitamins & more yoga will not prevent me from crying this week. Not that meds are necessary either (or maybe they will be who knows!) but the point is that there is no sure cure for anyone, period. Differing opinions are fine with me. That's something I actually love, that people are different. It makes life interesting. Being arrogant & rude about your opinions is just arrogant & rude. Only a young girl with stars in her eyes WOULD tolerate that crap from a man so maybe he HAD to find a Katie Holmes. Manipulating a woman in her 30's or 40's would be a lot harder. Katie...she probably feels like he is teaching her so much & she is probably foolish enough to hang on his every word.



I've never been a Cruise fan though. Just sort of indifferent I guess. Some of his movies I've loved & others I haven't. I guess I'm a bit different because the Cruises' & Brad Pitt's don't actually appeal to me in general. I prefer the Vincent D'Onofrio's & Nicolas Cages'. Quirky guys that can act their butts off.

No comments:

Post a Comment