Thursday, December 30, 2010

Just Cause You're With Someone Twice Your Size Doesn't Mean You Should Drink Like Them


Here's a secret.  I know I am forever threatening to pour a martini but in truth, it rarely happens.

Really rarely.

9.5 times out of ten if I hit the end of the day & can choose between that & coffee I'm grabbing the mug.

And I don't really do shots ever. If one should happen to pass thru my lips it's awfully fruity & nothing in the richtor scale.  Then came last night.

I met up with a childhood friend- I mean, seriously I've known him almost 35 years.  We always threaten to meet but usually our schedules collide. He called last night & it worked. 6 foot 3 or 4ish, has aged very well & totally the kind of guy that catches my eye & amuses me. Banter is always good. We click & he is smart & sarcastic & can keep up. So Vodka it was. Vanilla Vodka shots to be exact.  The first 5 minutes went something like this:

*pour shots..clink clink...slug*

*pour shots..clink clink...slug*

*pour shots..clink clink...slug*

There might have been one more?

I'm thinking (stupidly) that it's just a little bit. Hahahaha.

I stood up soon after to move over closer to him & my knees buckled just enough to let me know that I was definetly um, affected even if I thought I wasn't.  Later I watched him walk down a few stairs with a bit of a sway & I thought "Uh-oh" while of course thinking I was absolutely FINE.

So, this girl here really did know not to try to keep up with someone twice my size... it just didn't seem like I was doing that at the time?

Maybe?

We don't even want to talk about how bad my head felt at 4am when it woke me up.  No we certainly don't.

Obvious lesson learned here. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment