Seriously. So much that I could say & it just tangles in my head and leaves me speechless. That's where I've been all week. Off in a corner shaking my head. I have been reminded to trust no one though this time the lesson is much less brutal. Why? Because I have completely dropped my expectations. People are scuzzballs that turn on each other as it suits them. Once you get this thru your head no one can shock you.
I am there.
Amazed at the pettiness. Stunned to see others so happy to cause shock or hurt. I don't get it. I do understand that my expectations and personal code of friendship is/was a LOT different than that of others.
So I'm just...wow. Not really sad. Not really angry. Just- wow.
All that aside, go read this.
Go & meet Maddie.
People need to stop nit-picking, back stabbing & treating each other badly. At the end of the day we are all far more similar then we are different. We need to take care of each other a bit more knowing full well that it is the only way to even hope for good in our own lives. Hug your babies. Read that extra story. Listen to your teenaged daughter rant. Lend an ear while your BFF vents 35 minutes longer you can keep your eyes open tonite. Suffer through his snoring. Don't bitch about the shoes she bought and certainly didn't need. It's all about the connections in this life. Be grateful for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment