Monday, November 29, 2010

Rule Number One: BOYS DO NOT HIT GIRLS. Period.

So, there's this kid in the neighborhood that I'd never seen before this weekend. My girls usually play with 2 girls on the corner & a little boy around the corner. Combined they are 6 good kids that really get along & they're pretty inseperable on weekends and in the evenings. They bop from our house to the other houses, a total of half a block really and that's fine. I mean seriously, it's a mini wolf pack!  So Austin (sweet boy) discovered Antonio (demon spawn) the other day & tried to ease Antonio into the group. WOULD have worked because these kids are all kinds of the more the merrier- except Antonio is a HUGE bully. I didn't know at all until on Saturday night when the girls all started telling me. Frankly, I was pissed not to know AS THEY WERE PLAYING. Apparently Antonio's mouth is worse than mine after I break a toe & he threatens to shoot people.

No really. He threatened to SHOOT B WITH HIS DADS GUN several times.

WTFH?

Oh yeah and then there's that other thing, he HITS GIRLS.

He punched B in the face on Saturday. I told them the next time he was around the second something happened to come & get me. Cause you KNOW with a kid like this it'll happen again.

So I'm hanging outdoor lights & here comes em. She gets two doors from our house, makes eye contact with me & just errupts into hysterics so loud that people across the street hanging their lights came running over. Hold up. Let me just say, Em is TOUGH. It takes a lot to crack her so for her to lose it like that was doublely (not a word.) bad. Antonio was threatening her & cursed her out. She told him she was going to tell me and the SEVEN YEAR OLD response?

"Fuck your mamma she ain't shit to me!"

Seriously?

Seriously.

Took her by the hand & off we went to chat with Antonio's mom. I hit the corner & the rest of the kiddie wolf pack joined me, chimed in on how he had punched B again & knocked Em on her head so needless to say I was furious. His mom came outside before I hit their house and she says...
"I know he said a bad word & I already talked to him it's ok!"

Yeah. No it's not.

I told her that I wanted no drama (how on earth I stayed calm is beyond me)but that her SON is hitting my DAUGHTERS and while I know kids banter & push each others buttons I will NOT have my kids being hurt by a BOY that should have been taught long ago not to hit girls!

Of course I got the stammering...

"Oh he has never done this before...he has sisters that he is good with...he didn't mean anything...they go back & forth it's what kids do..."

I walked away figuring he is doing what he sees in that house. I also figured she has NO control over him & seemed slightly afraid of her own kid.

Better not happen again or I'll be looking for dad instead.

B told me last night her little friend on the corner who was standing behind me the whole time said, "Wow. Your mom is like a super hero!"

;)

B helping with lights before I had to find my cape.


3 comments:

  1. Your poor girls! Good for you for talking to that mom. Hopefully it's a wake-up call, but I have feeling she's got her head in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it WILL happen again. It just better not involve my girls!

    ReplyDelete