Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pilgrims, Indians & Piglets!

I think I still smell like turkey & if I don't then cooking another one will ensure that I do. Yesterday second grade had their Thanksgiving Feast. Who made turkey for 28 kids??? Your looking at her! (Kinda) I was sort of glad to do a pre-Thanksgiving run thru though. The kids put on a play. Pilgrims, Indians, etc.
So cute.

How much did they eat? Holy hell! An 18 pound turkey, 10 pounds of mashed potatoes, 5 containers of stuffing, 4 pounds of corn, 34 pies...a gazillion juice boxes & milks- THEN they went to LUNCH!  Seriously amazing amount of food was gone in under an hour. I KNOW that when I help in the class I'm exhausted when done but yesterday was WORK. Constantly a kid at my arm, one in front of me talking & two more arguing and asking me to settle the spat. There were 3 of us on duty and all three of us were in THAT EXACT BOAT the whole time. I finally turned to my friend Jen and said, "OMG this is harder than a marathon today!" and she totally agreed.

So worth it though. So of my best days (still, cuz I've been saying this exact thing for years) are spent with these kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment