So ya know my comment the other day about crossing my fingers that no new second graders moved into the boundary? Guess what? <insert doom & gloom music here>
One did. I go to get B yesterday & her teacher mouthes that she wants to talk to me. I must have looked horrified because she started motioning with her hands & mouthing "It's ok it's ok". All the other kids left & she comes over & tells me that they got a new boy & that first thing yesterday morning she was told that she was getting him & B was out. She said an hour later the other second grade teacher came dancing in saying she was taking him & that they were giving her an aide (because if she gets him they are legally over capacity).
Not sure what happened there but the administration building is involved with that kind of decision. I don't know if the head of Elementary Education decided to do the right thing & go to bat for B this time (unlike the last time) or if it's a numbers game. Ya know, paying an aide will be cheaper than my lawsuit if they bounce her. They know after the last round that I'm as serious as a heart attack about legal action & they also know that if they try to move her they are going against a judge's wishes so...
Do I feel the least bit at ease about this aide? God no. I'll believe it when I see her. Honestly, I FULLY expect a phone call TODAY telling me due to overcrowding tomorrow is her last day.
Ironically on the way to school the kids out of nowhere (because they have NO idea of this situation) were discussing how last fall they tried to move B. She said, "Thank goodness that didn't happen to me. I'm so glad they'll never do that again."
Yeah, lump in throat just praying.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment