Friday, July 25, 2008

In Three Days

Every week Alicia posts a new blogging topic and this weeks' just so happens to be...Vacations.

Could the timing be better considering we leave in three days for the beach? This year I'm feeling extra grateful that we're even going. Jobs have changed, the downstairs of my house was just completely redone from floor to ceiling & well gas prices are insane. Not to mention the cost of raising three divas that KNOW they are princesses.

Vacations were all but impossible during the back-to-back baby years. Even if offered I don't think I would have wanted to drive 4 hours with two babies born 11 months apart AND a toddler just to sit in sweltering heat & push a double stroller on the boardwalk. I think that might have been a bit hellish. In those days breaks were essential to everyday life & everyday bits of normalcy were essential to sanity. I'd stash myself away in the bathroom to read a book. I'd put the kids to bed & drag myself out onto the porch apple martini in hand to just breathe in the night air. I'd stay up extra late because it was the only time when I could hear myself think. Silence was golden and alone time was far more valuable than sleep.

Fastforward a few years and here we are. I still have three little girls but excursions and vacations are more than a head trip again! The beach is my favorite place on earth. Nothing feels TOO bad as long as sand is between my toes



I love taking the kids out early and letting them be the first ones to make footprints, trace sand hearts and attempt to build castles.



The fact that the water bubbles and gets all "fizzy" never gets old either.



My favorite part? Running alone on the boardwalk at 6am. Crazy huh? Seriously though, I love being OUT at such an early hour and being surrounded by other work out nuts. I love that with the sun still rising there is a weird blue cast over the water that only shows in photos at this time of day.



So in three days we'll be packing everyone up, anticipating making more memories like this one from last year:

No comments:

Post a Comment