Psst!
I'm still here.
Seriously, I am.
Life has just gotten really crazy. My work hours changed & gulp...gulp... I now work graveyard fulltime. What? You say government offices aren't open overnite? Yeah. That's what I thought too. I thought wrong. Prepartation for day to day operations happen betyween midnite & 8am. So does payroll so if you are in this state & work for the Department of Commerce I'm likely the one processing your time sheets & getting you paid.
Your welcome.
Ironically, I love the skeleton crew that works. I love having my lunch at 4am & listening to my ipod in an empty lobby of a historic building that is usually jam packed. I love going across the street to the coffeehouse when it opens at 6am & seeing people just starting their day while knowing my work is almost done. I'm a vampire by nature. I love late nights & early mornings so this caters to my internal clock. It's all those nasty afternoon hours that I struggle with. Did I mention graveyard pays time & a half & eliminates my need for daycare once school gets out in 2 weeks? Didja know 8 hours a day daycare for 3 kids is $246 bucks a week? Yeah, you'd stay awake all night too now wouldn't you??
I'm seriously loving it but I have to say the not sleeping enough is really, truly hard. Typical day, run home get kids up & out to school. Clean up, throw dinner in the crockpot, run errands then sleep from 11-1:30. Get kids, homework, dinner, someone usually has a softball game, slushies, showers bed for kids. I get out the stuff to get them ready for the next day & sleep for another hour or two if lucky, jump in the shower and go to work. There are days that this hasn't happened. I got up at 7am on Weds. and was up until 9:30pm FRIDAY night. That is just bad. So bad. Non functional bad. Friday morning the world was spinning but my mind was running. By afternoon I was flipping my phone to check email & dozing off while the page loaded. Not pretty. Sleep is vital. I slept 11 hours last night & fully intend to repeat that tonite before going back to my 5 day insanity this week.
Kids are great. Wrapping up the school year. Fun day (DJ, bounce equipment, relay race etc.) at school is on B's birthday, B & Emmy's double birthday bash is just days away, there's a field trip this week but before that I get to help her class tye dye shirts to wear on the trip... I could go on forever.
Extremely important is a planned trip to NYC. It has been B's big wish since Xmas. To go to NYC to go to The American Girl Doll Store. That (& the overpriced doll) is her birthday gift from me. I just can't wait, so much good stuff is coming I just need to figure out how to stay awake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







You certainly sound busy! But it also sounds like things are going well. : ) I'm happy for you.
ReplyDelete