Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day One of Groundhog Day

It's over.  He is OUT out. Walking the streets again. Driving the stolen car he statshed. No doubt throwing back too many martini's  while plotting my demise.  The kids know. Safety plan is in place. I'm stocked. Mace. More Mace. Taser. Yes, I said taser. That's where dating an ex-cop came in handy.

One day down many more to come. But we got thru it and somehow, that seems like enough. An accomplishment. A big deal of sorts. We walked out the door into the sunshine on this first day of spring break & headed to the park. That's where the kids belonged no matter how apprehensive I felt or what thoughts I had. Life goes on... in spite of him. Perhaps that is the best fuck you I can ever hand him. No, I don't need your money. No, I don't need you to run these kids to activities. No, I don't need you to help with homework, make a great family meal or do ten tons of laundry. I've done all that with time to spare.  Fuck you, life goes on quite happily, without you.

Knowing that today seems like a lot.

1 comment: