Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Angel of (FLU) Death Seems To Have Left

Mere hours after my last post a stomach virus invaded my house. Well no wait, first it invaded my boyfrieds car as we drove on the highway with my ten year old vomiting out the window. The image of that is much better than the reality. She spent all of Tuesday flat out. Much of the flat out was on my bathroom floor. Having three kids I know that when one gets sick, the other two will likely follow. And so it goes, as one recovered another got sick. I went to check on Emmy & B before going to bed Weds. night only to find them sleeping- sounds good right? Until I looked closer and realized Emmy had thrown up ON B.

Lysol. Prayer. Laundry. Repeat.

Yesterday afternoon was finally my turn. I had the stabbing (no really, I felt like I was seriously being STABBED) pain for a good 12 hours before getting sick. Sitting up equaled vomit so I was flat out on the couch buried beneath two kids and two cats. In my house if I'm sick my girls sweep into mini-caretaker mode. I'm covered in back rubs, hand holding and little bodies curled up beside me asking if I need anything.

This morning everyone is a bit better and I can honestly say this is the worst virus I've ever had. My girls are home today. B is perky but hasn't eaten more than crackers in three days. Emmy is STILL asleep, exhausted from being sick. It's going to take the weekend to regroup here.

No comments:

Post a Comment