So, for over a week now J KNEW he would be working in Mississippi this week. It was "positive" at the beginning of last week. By the end of last week he was suddenly not so positive & might, maybe work near Philly again this week. All the while though he was adament about going to Mississippi in the end. By Friday I heard that he was driving up to a coworkers in NY on Sunday & then they'd drive down to NYC for early Monday morning & fly out together. Then that wasn't going to work so he had to get himself to Laguardia instead. I suggeested flying straight out from here because by the time he drove 2 hours & parked his car for a week it might be worth the extra cost to just leave from here. Close to 200 bucks for him to park plus gas...
Then on Sunday it looked like he might DRIVE with another guy...18 hour drive... That turned into a clusterfuck & wasn't going to happen either. Mind you J was here from Saturday night thru late Sunday connected to his friggin phone the whole time wasting family time in order to figure out "where the hell I need to be, when & how"
I get it, totally. He HAD to sort it out but in the back of my itty bitty head I'm wondering WHY he let it all wait til the last second. Why doesn't he HAVE a plane ticket & all HIS ducks in a row? You know if everyone around you is a scatterbrain why are you waiting for those people to basically call the shots, make up your mind, committ & breathe already.
LATE Sunday night he came in & by that time I didn't even ask the plan. I woke Monday morning & quite literally asked if he had work because at that point who knew! He said he had to be to Laguardia for 12:30. It's 7:30am & he is barely moving. I'm thinking WTF? 12:30 means 10:30 & you have at LEAST a 2.5 ride into the city given the morning commute.
He leaves at 8:30 and still has to go to the bank. He had just finished packing too. Ducks so not in a row. Needless to say, dude did NOT make that plane nor did he try! By 10:30 he was here on the computer staring blankle at flights to Memphis which is the closest airport to where he needs to be. I'll make what transpired over the next few hours short but I finally came to the conclusion that he is CHICKENSHIT to fly alone. There were 3 ALMOST runs to the airport before he finally went only to claim the intended flight was overbooked LMAO. Now, it could have been because in between dying of laughter at his expense though not to his face I was on Wilkes Barre Scranton's International Airport site & he goes from here to Detroit then to Memphis. Detroit flights were delayed until the time of his intended flight so it could have been overbooked.
Going back to yesterday morning he was never getting on that plane at Laguardia. The man I know would have been packed & schizing about being out the door with time to spare.
And he would have set his alarm!
Where is he now? I just talked to him, he is boarding his flight I pray in about 5 minutes, should hit Detroit by 7pm & land in Memphis for 9ish.
I hope.
Because after the drama of just watching him I need to be alone for probably the next week, LOL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment