Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Love When It's 85 Degrees At 6am...

...or not.

Have I mentioned how much I'm NOT a heat person?  Well. I'm not.  I only like it really hot when I'm at the beach. Then it better be 90 or above.  There's a sprinkler park nearby that we took the kids to the other day. 5 kids, 3 grown women. It's in the shape of an oval with 8 embedded sprinklers that just randomly shoot water. Kids had a blast. Lots of other kids, random games of tag & volleyball going on. We on the other hand, died.  96 degrees, no breeze, bright sun. By the time we got to the car it felt like a day at the beach. You know that feeling where you drag yourself up onto the boardwalk & realize you're both exhausted & starving?  Yeah, except that there was no beach involved which was a wee bit depressing.   It ultimately led to a house full of people looking like this at about 4pm.


I was ambushed the other day. B has been campaigning for a turtle for about a month. Smack in the middle of a busy street downtown is this street vendor. He has t-shirts, belts, socks, knock off purses and TURTLES. Seriously, he has turtles.

(I know right? WTH??)

I have avoided street guy because B knows he has turtles. The other day I brainclouded completely (blame the heat, I do). We're approaching the magic-table-o-turtles & B runs over. Let me tell ya, this guy was smooth. Jumped out from behind his table, puts his arm around me & starts saying, "Aw look how happy she is sweetheart, how many are we taking home 3?" 3 because I had all 3 kids with me. Em was turtle indifferent (now of course she wants one) & Maya wanted to run like hell cause they creep her out. Needless to say, I wasn't getting away without a turtle.



It's name is Franklin. Or shelly. Or Swimmy. Or Pepsi. Or Sleepy.  She can't decide.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should name your turtle after me. (Just a thought...)

    ReplyDelete