
See those people up there?? They shimmied up to Nay Aug park, spread out blankets and waited with a few hundred other people for the fireworks to begin. They ignored the dudes selling overpriced cotton candy & REALLY avoided the crazy ass selling 4 DOLLAR glow sticks. (Kids were not happy with all the avoiding going on) After waiting for about 30 minutes one lonely cop on a put put motorcycle came driving thru. He told random people (by random I mean, NOT us or anyone near us) that the fireworks were cancelled for no apparent reason. So of course the 4 people that the cop told before speeding out of the park himself before the pissed off revolt started- those 4 people spread the word, fast.
The kids were not happy. I was not happy because while there were big fireworks popping overhead as we drove, no where publicized having them so it was guesswork as to where they were coming from.
Anyway, independence day. Quite the theme. This feels like the first one that I'm really FREE of all the extra BS. It was emphasised by the fact that my ex had a courtdate last week. His Gagnon hearing for probation violation. The original hearing was a month ago but they continued his sentencing because he decided to play crazy as opposed to actually being his crazy self. They did a mental evalustion and of course decided the histrionics from last month were a show. The judge told him she has no doubt he has serious mental problems but is still in control of them enough to try & manipulate the system. He played psychotic last month but his eval shows depression only. He is still knowing what to say when, not being honest and wanted a free mental health pass out but doesn't really want the help. 9 more months but it runs concurrent. His attorney was interesting. She campaigned for his RELEASE to his mothers home. From there probation, alcohol monitoring, etc. Oh and he owes 5 grand to domestics. He has to pay up before his release. His attorney wanted to erase that debt & have him do community service instead. Now I KNEW the judge was going to give him the max because the DA talked to her beforehand so I was at ease with what would come but the community service thing pissed me off so very badly. You owe money to care for your CHILDREN but lets foreget that & go clean trash off the side of a highway & call it even??!! What the fuck. How could that even be right?? His debt isn't to society but to his KIDS.
Ugh.
But. I knew I had grown accustomed to court & unphased by it. This time around I was BS-ing with the DA & his assistant, with MY advocate while in the courtroom waiting for the judge. Very at ease. I was sitting there thinking, yes, I can work here. Yes, I can do this. Easily. So that was a good thing. I want that job.
Today is my cookout. I should be cooking already because you guys know how I am. Macaroni, potato & pasta salads plus the grill stuff. Dessert? Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes, Apple Pie w/ ice cream & whatever else Pat is bringing. I see Vanilla Martini's in my near future.







Hey I made ice cream cone cupcakes too, chocolate with pink frosting!!! Great minds think alike
ReplyDelete